Welcome to the San Damiano House of Prayer
- Jan. 13-16: Chanting in the Heart of Sophia. Led by Rev. Matthew Wright, with Kerstin Like and Laura Ruth. Chesterfield, NH.
- Jan. 13-14: An Introduction to the Luminous Gospels. Led by Lynn Baumann. Stonington Borough, CT.
- Jan. 14: Centering Down and Around Led by Armand Proulx and Jeannie Martin, Haiku Poet, Greenfield, MA.
- Jan. 22: Centering Prayer and the Aging Process Led by Fr. William Sheehan. Lynnfield, MA.
- Feb. 17-19: Lectio Divina Presenter Training and Centering Prayer Weekend Retreat. Led by Mike Potter. West Hartford, CT.
- Feb. 17-22: 5 Day Centering Prayer. Silence, Solitude: Going Deeper. Led by Fr. William Sheehan. Niskayuna, NY.
- Feb. 19-26 (weekend only Feb. 24-26): Sacred Silence Retreat: An Immersion in Contemplative Practice Led by Rev. Steve Bonsey, Laura Ruth, Allen Bourque and Kerstin Lipke. Chesterfield, NH.
- Mar. 25: Mindfulness and Christian Contemplative Practice Led by Ethel Fraga. Boston, MA.
- Mar. 25: Contemplative Tai Chi Led by Allen Bourque. Ossining, NY.
- Apr. 8-16 (weekend only Apr. 13-16): Holy Week Retreat. Led by Rev. Steve Bonsey, Laura Ruth, Allen Bourque and Kerstin Lipke. Chesterfield, NH.
Coming in 2017!
Fr. Norman Comtois, OMI will celebrate the Mass in the contemplative tradition here at the San Damiano House of Prayer in 2017 during the Lenten season. Please check back for times and dates. Contemplative Eucharist is an invitation to bring together silence and mysticism within the liturgy. Contemplative Eucharist offers the invitation to pray with fewer words leaving more space for the experience of emptiness. Please visit our Events page for more information.
Upcoming Contemplative Events in New England
Contemplative Outreach of Boston invites you to look over this listing of 2017 events. For more information and registration visit their website at Contemplative Outreach of Boston..
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted...
A Spiritual Support Group for Parents who are grieving the loss of a child of any age by any cause meets here at San Damiano House of Prayer. This year we will be meeting on the following Saturday mornings from 10-11:30am: September 24th, October 29th, November 12th, and December 17th.
The San Damiano House of Prayer through the Emmaus Ministry offers this monthly support group. All parents are welcomed to attend regardless of how long ago or how recent their loss has been. We offer a safe and sacred place for parents to share their grief. Please go to the Services page for more information.
A Surviving Sibling Support Group is now being offered at Saint John the Evangelist Old Parish Hall, 115 Middlesex Street, North Chelmsford, MA for surviving Adult siblings of all ages and for any reason. All are welcome to a safe place to share their story, find comfort, hope and encouragement as you continue a new path in life. Meetings are held on the last Saturday of each month from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm. The group will not meet during summer months but will resume on Saturday, September 24th, the last Saturday of September.
"Blest are you who weep and mourn, for one day you will laugh."
The Emmaus Ministry for Grieving Parents offers spiritual retreats and other programs for grieving parents. In the Franciscan tradition "All are Welcome". The doors are open to all grieving parents of all religions whose children of any age have died by any cause, no matter how long ago. For more information on other offerings of the Emmaus Ministry, please call Diane or Charley, parents of Paul at 800-919-9332 or 617-542-8057.
Grief and Loss Resource Literature
Are you looking for a book or pamphlet to help you, a friend, a loved one. We have many books here that may help. Visit our Bookstore page for a list of suggested reading...or make an appointment to visit our bookstore to browse through our literature.
Thinking about Spiritual Direction ...
We offer indiviual Spiritual Direction
Would you like a companion to share your spiritual walk with you? San Damiano House of Prayer invites you to deepen your spirituality and find that "still, small voice of God" in your life by considering meeting with a spiritual director. Over 100 Spiritual directors graduated from our training program are located in many towns and cities in the New England. Click this link to take a look at our Spiritual Directors Location Map. It's a google map and you may zoom in (+) and out (-) as desired.
Do YOU feel called to learn how to do spiritual direction for another? San Damiano House of Prayer invites YOU to consider the ministry of Spiritual Direction.
Please contact Sr. Linda Greenwood 978-441-0988 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in finding an available spiritual director or a Spiritual Direction Training Program in your area.
We also offer Peer Supervision for our Spiritual Directors ...
Peer Supervision is essential for those actively engaged in the ministry of Spiritual Direction. "Spiritual direction supervision supports the care and growth of spiritual directors in service of the seekers they accompany. Supervision focuses on the spiritual director so he or she can better serve the seeker and his or her relationship with God." - SDI World. You will find a listing of local Peer Supervision meetings at the bottom of the Events page.